Sunday, November 10, 2013

Chapter 7: Making a Home in Moonlight Falls (Babies 14, 15 & 16)

[Unedited]

What's this?! A chapter?! I know I can't believe I was able to get one out after all the game problems I've been having, but I'm so excited I was able to fix it and start playing again. So YAY! I hope you like it and I'm sorry for the lack of chapters. :(

~*~
The trip to Moonlight Falls was long; it was well past the kids' bedtime by the time we got there. The twins fell asleep just a couple hours before we arrived so I had to carry them inside and to their beds. I was just glad the house was furnished a head of time.

I managed to scrap up enough money from my savings to buy and furnish a new home in Moonlight Falls, big enough for my challenge. I wasn't going to let those bastards from Crystalline Cove scare me out of doing what I wanted to do, which was being the father of 100 kids.

Since buying a brand new house, new furniture, and clothes and food for the kids I was barely left with anything. So I knew I had to started working extra hard at my self employed job to get the money back into my account.

The rest of my kids weren't one bit tired when we arrived at our new home and insisted on aging up before tomorrow. They all wanted to age up before they all started out in a brand new town and new school. I was hesitant at first since I was really tired and just wanted to crawl into my bed and get some well needed sleep, but being the pushover I was, I couldn't say no to my kids and let them have their birthdays.

There wasn't any party or birthday cake, just the family and whatever was in our fridge, and they didn't mind. One by one they each had their birthday and grew up into their next life stage. The twins were already asleep so they just stayed toddlers.

After everything was over I was just glad to get into some comfortable clothes and get into bed. I wasted no time in changing and fell to sleep instantly after my head hit the soft cool pillows that seemed to welcome me to dreamland.

The next morning everything went smoothly. We all ate our breakfast and I sent the kids off to school. They seemed very excited about being in a new town without bullies and threats. I think they were mostly excited about the fact that they say Moonlight Falls was a town filled with supernaturals and they all couldn't wait to meet fellow supernaturals like themselves. But I knew Claire was happy to be living in the same town as her best friend Choc Chip, one of Aiden's sons.

Like Claire I was glad to go see my friend too. Today I planned on meeting Aiden at the park. I haven't seen him in a while and I thought since we're now living in the same time, it was great time for us to hang for a bit.

"Hey Jackson!" I heard Aiden yell from across the park. I looked up to see my smiling friend, which made me smile too. 

"Hey Aiden," I responded, reaching for a hug when he got close enough.

"I'm glad you decided to come live here in Moonlight Falls," Aiden said with a smile.

"Well I couldn't pass up the opportunity to live closer to my best bud," I said with a small chuckle.

After our short greetings we bought some hot dogs and stuffed our faces while we took a seat at one of the many picnic tables at the park. We went on talking about several different things, like what happened at Crystalline Cove, but we talked of other things as well.

"So how are your kids adjusting to the new town so far?" Aiden asked, taking another bite of his hot dog.

"Great so far. They're all very excited for their new school and seeing supernaturals or something. Is it true this town is full of them?" I responded, finishing off my dog.

"Well yeah. This this place is pack full of them." I nearly choked on my bite of hot dog and Aiden looked to me worried. "You alright, man?"

"Yeah, yeah, I'm fine," I said, taking a quick sip of my drink. "Great, I thought I seen enough supernaturals in my life so far."

"It's alright man, they're cool. They're like humans, you just got to know which ones to watch out for."

"Great."

I drank some more soda to wash down my food and when I placed my cup back down I saw a woman with blond hair approach us. My back straighten at the sight of the girl and I nudged Aiden. "Hey Aiden, who's that?"

I quickly stood from my seat and I watched Aiden do the same. He didn't respond to my question of who the woman was, he just seemed to smile and stand.

We both walked over to the woman, Aiden taking the lead. To my surprised he walked right over and gave her a hug and then turned to me.

"Jackson, this is my friend Skylar Arden. She's a witch and previous surrogate of mine."

My brows raised in surprised but they soon fell back and I gave her a warm smile. We just got down talking about supernaturals and here was one right in front of us. But since Aiden knew her I decided to trust her.

I took a step forward and I stretched my head before saying, "Hello Skylar. I'm Jackson Daniels. I'm new here in town. I don't know if Aiden told you about me at all?"

"Oh I know who you are, Jackson."

"You do?"

"This town isn't very big; word gets around fast when a new guy is in town, especially a challenge dad. Welcome to Moonlight Falls."

"Thanks, I guess." Great. I thought. Last thing I need is anything evil or more people like the ones at Crystalline Cove knowing of my arrival. I just hope Aiden was right about this place and my kids wont have any problems.

"Look I hope I'm not too forward, but I was wondering if you found anyone as your next surrogate yet?"

I looked at her, a little surprised at her question. "No. Why did you want to join?" I asked.

"Well yes. Can I?"

"Um, sure. If you're a friend of Aiden, then you can definitely join," I said. She smiled widely, looking to be very happy about my answer. I couldn't help but smile myself after seeing her grin and she reached for a hug.

Aiden and I parted our ways and he went back to his own family while Skylar showed me to the town's clinic, where we proceeded in continuing my challenge. After we finished that she went home to pack a few things for the temporary move into my place and I went exploring around town. There wasn't much to see besides a few parks, lakes, and stores.

I came across one place in particular that had be intrigued. It contained lots of things I never seen before. It looked like it could be a witch's lair with old dusty books filled with spells and old furniture that looked to belong to your grandma's basement. I just looked around and then went straight home, not wanting to be there for too long.

I was glad to come home and see all my kids back from school and filling my ears of stories of how great their day was. They told me about how they saw so many supernaturals in their glasses and couldn't wait to go back tomorrow. Claire paid no mind to all the new people she saw today and just told me about her awesome day hanging with Choc Chip. I laughed and went right to making dinner. I fed the kids their meals and giving the toddlers their bottles before I went back into the kitchen to finally eat myself.

I barely opened the fridge to retrieve my plate I put away earlier when I heard cries coming from the other room that sounded like Koala. With the fear of what happened to my family recently still fresh in my mind I instantly bolted into the other room.

I stopped immediately to see Koala on the floor with tears running down her cheeks. She faced away from the fireplace and shook in fear.

"I'm so sorry dad. I didn't mean- I didn't know," Hamster said, fearing he had scared his sister badly. I couldn't respond to him right away and just knelt to the floor beside my daughter.

I grabbed her and pulled her off the floor, giving her a comforting hug. She seemed to calm down a bit and I was able to get some words out of her about her reaction to the fireplace.

I learned that day of my daughter's new found fear of fire. I guess what happened in Crystalline Cove did more then just burn Koala and ruin her chance of ever flying right again.

I led Koala up the stairs and into her and her sisters' room. I told Hamster to put out the fire in the fireplace and made a new rule of not started the fire when Koala is present in the house.

I stayed in her room for a while and waited until she fell asleep. It didn't take her long to go to sleep since she was pretty tired for not getting enough sleep the night before.

I gave her a goodnight kiss on the forehead and I exited her room. I walked towards the stares to head back down to the first floor, but I stopped when I heard someone call my name.

"Hey Jackson," Skylar said, walking towards me.

I turned to face her and she had a look of concern on her face. I knew she must have heard about what happened to Koala when she asked me about her.

"How is she?" she asked.

"Better now, thank you," I responded.

"Oh I'm so glad. When Hamster told me what happened I was worried," she said.

"She's doing just fine now. She's sleeping now. But thank you for your concern for my daughter."

"No problem, Jackson. If you need anything at all let me know, okay?"

"Okay," I said with a smile.

We both leaned for a hug, more on her part, but a hug felt nice at that moment after all the stress I've been feeling lately. I just didn't know what I was going to do about Koala. If she feared fire after the old house burning down, what about my other kids? I might have to talk to them soon.

After talking to Skylar I went back into the kitchen to finally eat my meal and then went to put the kids to bed. Once everyone went to sleep I walked outside and did some late night chores. I liked doing them at night cause it gave me time to myself, some thinking time. Plus the cool air at night was soothing and felt good against my skin.

I was too caught in raking the leaves and thinking and stressing way to much about everything that I almost didn't hear a pair of feet approached me in the yard.

"What are you doing out here in the cold. Come back inside Jackson, you can do that tomorrow," I heard Skylar say.

I put the rank down and stood up straight. I looked at the blonde woman before me, who just seemed to smile at me, and probably thinking I was some nut doing chores this late.

"I could say the same to you. You shouldn't be out in the cold, you're pregnant," I smiled back.

She responded by sticking her tongue out at me and rubbing her tummy. "I'm thinking the baby and I need some hot chocolate. Can you make some?

I chuckled and shook my head and we both then walked back inside.

Once inside she took off her coat and I went straight to the hot drink machine and started making some hot chocolate. The smell of hot chocolate filled the room and I could hear Skylar behind me enjoying the smell.

"Is it done yet," she whined.

I laughed and turned around to face her with a tray of hot chocolate and sweets. "It's done," I smiled. I saw the look on her face light up as I approached the table and placed all the sweets down.

We sat and enjoyed the nice hot drink and delicious cupcakes in silence, too caught up in the goodness to say anything.

It was after the drinks and sweets we walked into the other room and had a nice conversation. She told me about witches and different supernaturals in town. She gave a few names of supernaturals to watch out for and I made sure to remember those names.

And she then told me about herself and her family. She told me what to look out for when our kids are older in case they inherited her powers. We talked for a couple hours before she ended falling asleep around one in the morning. I knew pregnant women needed their rest and I carried her up the stairs and into the quest bedroom. Then I went to my own room and went to sleep too.

The next few day flew by and before we knew it, it was the weekend again. A few of my kids went to their new friends' houses, but Claire decided to invite Aiden's son over, Choc Chip, and play in the newly ranked leaves. Sigh. I guess I can do another late night raking.

I stayed in my study and worked on writing my new book that I hope to get published. It was only half way done with it but I planned on finishing it when winter comes. I just finished another chapter of the book when I heard knocking on the wall, and I turned to see Skylar by the door.

"Hey Skylar, what are you doing in here?" I said with a smile, as I pushed back my chair and stood up.

She walked a little bit in the room and smiled. "Just wanted to see what you were doing. Did I bother you at a wrong time?" she asked, looking at my computer to see all the writing I had up on the screen.

"Nope. Just getting some writing down," I said, as I leaned against the door frame in front of her.

She smiled again and said, "Jackson I wanted to say thank you again for letting me join your challenge."

"It's nothing, Skylar. I should be thanking you for joining. It saves me the trouble of looking for a surrogate," I chuckled.

She laughed too but then stopped and looked away. "What is it Skylar?" I asked, now looking a little worried. "Is there something wrong?"

"It's nothing. It's just that I like you, Jackson," she said, still looking away with a slight blush on her face.

I grabbed her hand in mine and said, "It's okay Skylar. I like you too," I said with a smile. I wanted to make her feel a little better and not be shy about telling me this. She was great girl and I loved hanging with her.

She looked at me and smiled and I smiled back. I figured I made her feel a lot better about saying those words but then she leaned in and kissed me. I wasn't expecting this and at first I froze.

But what surprised me most of all was when I kissed her back. I pulled her closer, but not too tightly because of the babies, and I kissed her. I didn't know what I was doing and why but I just gave in. It had been so long since I kissed a girl like this that I was surprised I still knew how, but when it registered in my mind what I was doing, I pulled away.

Skylar's hand covered her mouth immediately after and she looked shocked about her own actions that she didn't even noticed that I had kissed her back.

"Oh my gosh, Jackson I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to do that. Sorry." She walked out of the room quickly before I had any chance to say a word in response.

I fell back against the wall and I looked to the floor confused. What did I just do? I told myself I would never do something like that because of Isabella. Isabella. Oh my god. I suddenly felt guilt build inside me. Guilt for betraying Isabella and guilt from possibly giving Skylar the wrong idea of my intentions.

"I always thought you were so cute whenever you became confused about something, Jackson."

Hearing her voice at that moment I felt like a deer in the headlights. I looked up wide eyed at her, fearing she has come on other reasons other then the advice and reassurance like her previous visits.

"Isabella?" I said in a shaking kind of voice.

She giggled and walked over to me. The smile on her face never left and I began to relax a little but still feared I had upset her.

"Jackson I know why you're upset. Don't worry, I'm not mad. I want you to be happy. If you ever want to be with someone it's okay. I'll support your decision. Just please, don't feel guilty of doing anything with someone else because of me."

My shoulders relaxed and I sighed, giving her a smile.

"There's that smile I love so much," she giggled and went to hug me before she disappeared in my arms. That was one of her shortest visits, but that's because she only needed to tell me it was okay. I smiled to myself knowing that I had her blessing to move on if I ever found someone again.

I left my study and went downstairs to the living room, where I knew she was going to be. There Skylar sat, watching the program on the television, not even noticing that I had walked in.

I walked over and sat on the sofa next to her. "Skylar can we talk?" I asked.

She looked to me with a little fear, but nodded her head. "Yeah."

I sighed and waited a couple seconds before looking at her. "I don't want you to apologize for that kiss."

"Why?"

"Because I kissed you back. I felt bad for giving you the wrong idea and I'm sorry."

"Don't apologize, Jackson. You didn't give me any wrong ideas. I liked you before anything of this. I wanted us to be friends, is that alright?"

I smiled. "Yes, that sounds great. Friends."

We sealed our new friendship with a hug. I was glad this was all behind us and we could move on to planning the arrival of the babies.

And it wasn't long before the babies did arrived. The day she went into labor I took her to the hospital and stood by her side through all the labor. In less then a few hours my newest babies were born.

Meet my adorable little wizards. #14 Harry (center), #15 Lena (right), and #16 Glinda (left).

~*~
And WALA! There you have a it, a new chapter! I hope you all enjoyed it and thought it was worth waiting this long for. Again I'm sorry. -.-
Yes all three babies are witches/wizards. I named them after famous fictional witches. Harry is of course named after Harry Potter. Lena is named after the witch from Beautiful Creatures. And lastly Glinda is named after the good witch in Wicked.
I wanna thank Skylar for letting me use her sim as a surrogate in this chapter.
I hope you guyscomment and tell me what you think and I promise to get the next chapter out faster! :P

10 comments:

  1. love it and can't wait for the next chapter soon

    ReplyDelete
  2. I guess my first post didn't go through :(

    I loved this post and I am so glad you are back and the story is back. I have missed it!! This was a great transitional post and your newest kids are too adorable.

    Can't wait for the next post.

    Jen AKA Ashby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well I'm glad the second one went through. ^^ Thank you and I'm excited to be back and working on the story again. I missed it as well. Glad you like the newest chapter. :D

      Delete
  3. Oh dawnie it's sooooo great to have u back <3.
    WATS THIS! What do you think ur doing with my best mate! First you teach me magic..... Cause we all know how great of a decision that was AND now ur hooking up with my best mate... Boo you skylar.... Jk I love u. <3
    Bad supernaturals hey? You couldn't be talking about little old me could u? >.<
    Great chapter and booting ill babies
    More chapters soon <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hey Aidey! It's great to be back. ^w^
    Lol! Skylar is such a flirt. XD
    Of course not! You're one of the good ones. XD Bad ones like evil beings. :P
    Thanks <333
    Definitely, a lot sooner then the last one. Lol!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aww the babies are soo cute! And poor koala...but I still think this was fun to read!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I guess Skylar and Jackson should be more than friends.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE YOUR 100 BABY CHALLENGE! its amazing and I love this chapter, I was wondering if you could check out my legacy? Here's the link

    http://fearlessthesims3alegacybyme.wordpress.com/table-of-contents/

    ReplyDelete
  8. *gets bored and casually Googles "Skylar Arden"*
    *comes across a picture of Skylar and Jackson kissing*
    WHAT IS THIS OMG WHAT AM I SEEING I'M DEAD MY LIFE IS COMPLETE
    Hahahaha. So good to see you posted another chapter! :) Was starting to get worried I won't be getting any more of your awesome stories. And the best part of this chapter is the Jacklyr babies! >:D I will go down with this ship hahaha.
    LOVE the baby names! Absolutely perfect. <3
    Keep up the good work Dawn :)
    ~Skylar Arden~

    ReplyDelete